5 Minute Forum 10th August
- Trevor Fenwick was remembered with a minutes silence, followed by Gino with stories of Trevor’s life, including the cause of the scar on his face from an accident after racing to the top of Snake Pass followed by the group deciding to unclip their brakes for the descent !!!
- The 50th anniversary of Tom Simpson’s death will be celebrated with renovated steps to his monument on Mont Ventoux. Eddie Merckx will unveil the steps on 14th July.
- TdF winnings were distributed to those members present.
- “Your Choice” was “Who would you invite to speak at Pedal Club”
- Sean opened up a discussion on the ramifications of the ban on Russian athletes.
- Members generously supported Helen Russell’s charity after applauding her inspiring talk. The generosity of members and the Club was greatly appreciated by Helen. Here she is signing our 75th anniversary jersey