Phil Liggett signs the Pedal Club Golden Book of Cycling
Our speaker, Andy Cook, is well known to many members. He described his role in leading Comic Relief cycle rides; being Chairman of the CTC; working with Peter Keen; and leading other events such as Help the Heroes, Ride across Britain (800 riders), the Ladies London Ride, and much more including the encouragement of grass-roots cycling.
- “Your Choice” Question: “Have TUEs (Therapeutic Use Exemptions) in cycling been abused? If so, what action should be taken?”
- Yes 34 Comments include:
- They have been abused but only to the letter of the rules. All the teams are at it. Ban or exempt everything.
- Make all usage of them public.
- Teams will always find a way to “improve” performance.
- Riders will always push the boundaries.
- Exercise induced asthma is so common it is almost universal. TUEs should never be acceptable.
- No 18
- They have only been abused if the recipients of them do not actually have an asthmatic condition.