- Our guests were announced and welcomed.
- We held a minute’s silence for the Centenary of Passchendaele and the cycling battalions.
- Tony Doyle and Peter King briefed us on the recent BC EGM.
- Richard Wall came good on his “TdF investment plan” with Ron Gray enjoying receipt of a number of envelopes for Lantern Rouge members not present.
- Our July speaker, Mike Broadwith, went on to win Gold in the National 24 Hour Time Trial.
- The President’s weekend is rapidly approaching and members are asked to contact Steve Bullen about their plans.
- Our speaker was Simon Castle (Metropolitan Police) who gave a real insight into the relationship between truck drivers, cyclists and pedestrians. From the embryo of an idea when Boris Johnson first made cycling a priority, to a highly successful training programme, Simon has been integral in leading this programme – even influencing the future of truck design.
- Next meeting 13th As our speaker is Joanne Simpson, our guests will include ladies who are actively involved in cycling (not wives etc.). Seating is limited so guest attendance will be on a first request basis. Please let Chalky know soonest.