5 Minute Forum 13th April
A most enjoyable meeting!
- Bill Houghton spotlighted the problem of identifying members with so many new members and officers. He suggested a name badge as used many years ago.
- When introducing guests it was agreed that the member and his guest should stand up so that they can be seen by all. Also that the guest would sign the guest book and state their connection with cycling.
- Peter Ruffhead recommended members subscribe to “Fellowship News”.
- “Your Choice” is an opportunity for members to express their opinion on one subject at each luncheon. The question today was “Should the Club colour be green or dark blue. There was a resounding majority (36:7) for dark blue.
- Our guest Ian Denson was very interesting and lively talking about his dad (Vin), family life and being an international hairdresser who loved cycling. Alf Engers, reflecting members feelings, thanked Ian with enthusiasm.
- Nick Gritton described a possible event to celebrate the Club’s 75th at the Cyclopark, Gravesend on 30th June.
- Our man in the peleton, Erick Rowsall will be briefing us from the Manx GP (he came 2nd , 44 secs behind Ian Bibby) and the Tour de Yorkshire.
- Members and guests had a demonstration of the new Club website, and are encouraged to get involved in its development by sending their ideas and content to Steve Bullen.